Sunday, August 15, 2010

Coco for Coco

cocoincoco1

I found the tripod I had been looking for for months, so I can show you the pullover I finished at the cottage. It was perfect for those cool evening walks on the beach.

josharpcoco2

Pattern: Coco, by Jo Sharp (with a name like that, how could I not knit it, right?)
Yarn: 8 skeins of Jo Sharp Silk Road Aran Tweed, in Vermouth
Needles: 4 mm

cocoincoco2
I'm quite happy with the fit. It's comfortable, but not too baggy either. I think I finally understand what mods I need to make to fit my pear shape. I cast on for a large, then decreased gradually to end up with the smallest size for the top.

Coco was an easy, straightforward pattern. The yarn is deliciously soft and beautifully tweedy. My LYS says that Silk Road will no longer be distributed in North America. Has anyone else heard this? I hope this isn't the case!!! It's one of my all-time favourite yarns.

josharpcoco3

josharpcoco4


13 comments:








MOONSTITCHES

said...

Oh, Nicole, it is perfectly you. The sweater suits you so well!
Beautiful.





michele

said...

i agree - perfectly you. and perfectly gorgeous.





gale (she shoots sheep shots)

said...

Sadly true about that yarn. Of course I discovered it just as they stopped producing it.
Lovely sweater!





CelticCastOn

said...

Thanks going to be the perfect Autumn sweater which is coming upon us all too quickly!





Julie

said...

wow, so gorgeous!! You made a great choice of yarn for that project- the simple lines of the pullover really enhance the gorgeous yarn. Awesome job!!





The A.D.D. Knitter

said...

Oh MAN my favorite yarn and in Vermouth to boot! This is an exquisite piece of a knitting on a stellar beauty:)





Jodi

said...

It turned out just beautifully! I love the subtle tweediness of the yarn, and what a great color.





Aline

said...

love it! and the colour is so pretty...





Anonymous

said...

I think your sweater is lovely. Looks comfy!





MissLucy

said...

it's perfect! and it looks really comfy too!





Sway Knits

said...

It's a beautiful sweater and looks so comfy. Yay for modifications. :-)





Debbie D

said...

Perfect. Simple and classic style.





Regina

said...

Perfect. The color, the yarn, the shape of the sweater!